Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fresh Tomato Pie!


My first tomatoes are here! I wanted to pass on this recipe that my friend Debby shared with me. I changed it up a bit, as I LOVE pesto!


Fresh Tomato Pie
1-9 inch unbaked pie crust

1 1/2 C shredded mozzarella, divided

3 to 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced (heirlooms are the boom!)

1/3 C thinly sliced Vidalia onion

1/3 C mayonnaise mixed with 1-2 tbs pesto

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper


Preheat oven to 400*. Bake crust for 10-12 minutes, until golden. Cool on wire rack. Reduce oven to 350*. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella on bottom of cooled pie crust. Top with tomato slices and arrange onion slices evenly over tomatoes.

Combine pesto mixture with remaining mozzarella, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and spoon over tomatoes and onions.

Bake 40-45 minutes until bubbly and golden brown. Serves 8

No comments:

Post a Comment